Saturday, December 22, 2007

......LHS News......
originally sent Dec. 20

I learned that Dr. Robert Weedns' heart bypass surgery was postponed but did take place on Dec. 12. An email from a cousin was sent to me & the cousin expressed that he was doing well, most things 'normal' and re-cooping under way. That was last info I had. Weedn is married to '59 classmate Julie (Ashlock).

I was out of town on Tuesday and had a phone message when I returned. Geneva McIntosh had called to let me know that '59 classmate Jerry Morgan has gone home from the hospital. He is doing alright but Geneva says it will take some PT and time for recovery. I know we all wish Jerry all the best. If you would like to send Jerry & Sybil (wife) a card, their address is: 7501 Newberry Road, Ok City, OK 73141. Home phone is (405) 771-3398.

btw......Blake Shelton continues with NBC's 'battle of the choirs', last night on Thursday.

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table. My wife ask, "Do you know her?""Yes," I sighed. "She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right after we split up all those many years ago and I hear she hasn't been sober since.""Unbelievable, " says my wife...."who would have thought a person could go on celebrating that long!!"
There really are two ways to look at everything!!!
(with thanks to '59 classmate Dick Densley)

HO, HO, HO! It's going to be pretty hectic the next few days so I want to take this opportunity to wish each of you and your families a very Merry Christmas. So many have emailed, sent cards, to say 'hello' and to say good things about the 'news'.....I've enjoyed them all and I thank you so much.

Here is link (thanks to '59 classmate Ed) to a very special Christmas song....just for you!!!!! http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf

Hope Santa is x-tra good to you and yours....... Georgia

No comments: