Thursday, October 16, 2008

......LHS News......
Originally sent Oct. 9

I am so very sorry and saddened to report the passing of Marie Margaret (Smith)Yarmuk, 87, of Lawton. Marie passed at a local hospital on Wednesday Oct. 8.
Marie is the mom of '59 classmate and my dear friend Babs (Yarmuk) Givens (Dee) and her sister Teresa (Yarmuk) Adair (John).
I have many fond memories of Marie and Louis as they were close friends of my folks when we kids were growing up! Took trips together, cooked out in the mountains (Mt Scott campground, Quanah Parker), played canasta, all those fun things most people don't do anymore.
Marie was a lovely person and I always thought she was so pretty. She was also a grad of LHS but I am not sure of the year.
Louis & Marie would have been married 70 years this Dec. 23. Babs' dad Louis is a resident at the VA Center here in Lawton. I hope you will join me in keeping Babs and Teresa and their families in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
Services for Marie will be at the First Christian church in Lawton, this Saturday morning, Oct. 11, at 9:30am. Burial will be in Highland Cemetery.
An on line guest book is at: <www.beckerfuneral.com>

LHS Homecoming is this week-end. LHS takes on Del City at Cameron Stadium Friday night and dance/party is Saturday night at Fairgrounds coliseum. I have two nieces that will be going to game and festivities!!!!
GO WOLVERINES!

Lawton class '59 met last week and continued discussion for 50th Reunion coming up next Oct. 2-3, 2009. We are still looking at possible locations and events. Nothing in concrete as yet. Decided to meet again on Monday Nov. 17 and would encourage any '59 grad(s) to come help with reunion planning.
Help spread the news as not all have a computer.We did 'assign' pages from yearbook to various persons to start with classmate locating. IF you have your '59 yearbook and would like to help with that, email & I can give you couple of pages that are still unassigned.
And, if you know where-a-bouts of a '59 grad.....let me know!

Weather is gorgeous! Regards to all.....Georgia

GO SOONERS! BEAT TEXAS!

No comments: