Thursday, December 11, 2008

......LHS News......
Originally sent Dec. 7

Talked with Doyce Grayson few days ago - my bud and one of my favorite people - he is re-cooping nicely after heart surgery, feeling good, and when I caught him he was sitting on the canal at the Gaylord Texan!
He and wife Diane met and were having dinner with '56 classmates Myrna Kay Langly, Kay Kimble, and Yvonne Anderson Coombs who were over nighting in DFW area before heading to NYCity to shop and see the sights!
They have a Donald Trump condo and plan to take the 'big apple' by storm!
Doyce says he asked them to toast a drink to him at Tavern on the Green!
So happy Doyce is doing well and he emailed me....
" I want to thank everyone that has had me in their prayers and thoughts these last couple of weeks while I have been experiencing these difficulties. I have been blessed with some of the best friends in the world and I'm not even prejudice. Again thanks, Doyce Grayson - Class of '56 and Honorary Member of the Class of '57."
Doyce is a sweetie! btw...Doyce told me he bought a new electric car!!!! After Christmas, hope we can plug that sucker in and take a spin!!!! Maybe can use electric rollers at same time? Or maybe just the ride will curl my hair!!

Had a visit with '59 classmate Wade Harrison at our local Greek Restaurant. Wade was doing great with his new knee and introduced me to his lovely daughter Laura who is here visiting!

Had a sweet note from Carolyn Sweeney - class '58 - she said her sister LaVelle (Sweeney) Boyd, who recently passed, was LHS class '49. Knew she was a grad but didn't know year.

A photo exhibit opening at the Museum of the Great Plains this week-end features a trio of local gal photogs including a LHS grad. 'Santa Fe Through the Lens of Friends' will exhibit photographs done by Fran Whener, Diane Mullins, and Janice (Parker) Drewry who is class '55. The exhibit will hang through Feb. 1.

I can't imagine (ha,ha) but several emailed that they were not familiar with Aunt Bill's Brown candy. If you would like the recipe (from Bon Appetit), I have it posted at another blog site I do: http://thruthegrapevine-grapevine.blogspot.com/

How 'bout them SOONERS!!!!!!! Go BIG RED!

OK, gonna go put on my Santa hat! 2-3 beautiful days here before next 'winter blast'.

Regards to all.......Georgia

No comments: