Tuesday, November 27, 2007

......LHS News......
Originally sent Nov. 19

I am so very sorry to learn that our '59 classmate Robert "Bob" Newman is very seriously ill. I received this email forward from his cousin, Nancy (Joyner) McKinnis, and she felt it would be fine to send out so that old friends and classmates would know. Bob is also cousin to Sam Joyner and Joan(Scott), Carol (Scott) and Ronnie Scott.
Bob and wife Marla and son Kevin live in Plano, TX and his daughter that sent this information is in Dallas area.
Bob also has a younger brother Rich, living in Minneapolis......

"I think each of you knows my Dad has been sick, diagnosed with a disease similar to ALS. (Lou Gehrig's disease.) My Dad isn't doing well. The doctors are saying he has one to two months left to live. We are telling family so everyone has time to talk to him again before he passes. We are also trying to gather email addresses so updating everyone will be simpler when he does pass away. We just created a website (the link is below) so you can keep updated on him or send messages via the web as we go on. I know my dad would love to hear from you over the phone though. Their number is 972-608-0020 if you don’t have it handy.Here’s the website, please pass it on to whoever you think might be interested in it.http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/robertnewman Hope you all are well and that each of you has a great Thanksgiving."
Take care, Michele (Newman) Liu; 972-437-0663.

I hope you will all join me and keep Bob and his family in prayers.
btw....I visited the site and ended up sending an email greeting to Bob through the email address of his wife (on the right side of page, scroll down to 'email author').

I also had a call from Marcille (Covey) Southerland. She has been told that Pearl Jo Uhland, a former librarian at LHS, has passed away. I have not heard anything about her and nothing in Lawton paper. She was living out-of-state with some of her children. If anyone has information, please let me or Marcille know. Always hate to hear of a loss.

I know this may not be the best of Thanksgivings for some but I still hope for a wonderful holiday for each of you, filled with those you love - family and friends. Yours truly will be out of pocket for a few days as Bill and I are heading north to spend Thanksgiving with daughter Leslie who lives in area where the pilgrims started this holiday (Boston).....just hope I don't have to wear one of those tacky hats! And I don't like buckles on shoes!! Too sporty!

Warm regards to all...those with health problems are always in my prayers..... Georgia

No comments: