Wednesday, February 13, 2008

......LHS News......
Originally sent Feb. 11

I almost hate to send this 'news'.....lot of sad news.....

So very sorry to let you know that Rosalie (Kepler) Raibourn passed this morning (Monday - 11th). She is survived by son Dee. Rosalie was a friend and she will be missed by so many. I have no details on funeral services but will pass along when I do. Rosalie was LHS class '60.

Also the passing of Susan Kelly (Montague) Britton - Surls, 45, Lawton. Susan is a graduate of Eisenhower High, she is daughter of Dr. Burt Chelsey Montague (LHS '52) and step-mother Jeannie (Lee) Montague (LHS '65) and Sharon (Hillis) Strait (LHS '55) and step-father Richard Strait. btw.....Sharon Strait is sister of '52 LHS grad - Dr. Robert Hillis. Susan Surls was mother of six children, one deceased. Services will be Wednesday, Feb. 13, Lawton Ritter Gray Funeral Home Chapel, 1:00pm.
An online guest book at: <www.grayfuneral.com>

And another....grave side services this afternoon at 3:00pm, Post Cemetery at Fort Sill for (retrd) Command Sgt. Maj. Charles J. Rom, 86, of Lawton. Mr. Rom passed Feb. 9. I was told his children had attended LHS, been after 'us' in '60's. Pat - LHS '61? Jo - LHS '63-'64? and John Rom. Sorry that is all the info I have.Guest book at: <www.beckerfuneral.com>

Sorry I did not get this out before today. Also passing, Sandra Jean (Carter) Zumwalt, 66. It says Sandra attended Central and graduated LHS but does not give the year and I cannot find her in yearbook I have. Should have been '59 or maybe '60? She is survived by four children and spouses, two sisters, Sherry and Bettye, brother Robert. Services were this morning at Becker.
Guest book available at: <www.beckerfuneral.com>.

I hope you will join me in remembering all these families in prayer at this difficult time.

This update from Dean Henderson - class '57:.....Let the class of '57 know that my revamped website <www.hendersonassociatesinc.com> is back on line now and the link to the LHS '57 Memories video is active again. My IT guy is still tweaking the site, but it's basically operational. The link (LHS 57) is located at the very bottom of each page. Just in case, for those who are using a Mac or a PC with Vista - you may have some difficulty viewing or downloading the video. If you need help, let me know. I can always burn a CD and send it to you - no charge.
I hope nobody thinks I'm using the website to try to sell something. I'm not. It's just the most convenient way I know to make the video accessible to anyone who wants it.Dean

Great email and reminiscence from Mike Johnson - class '66 and shows how email 'circulates'...:
GEORGIA, GOT YOUR NEWSLETTER FROM BOB LOONEY AND OLD FRIEND OF MINE FROM LAWTON. I REMEMBER YOU AND OF COURSE BILL FROM THE DRUG STORE AND YOUR PARENTS AND SIBLINGS AS MY BROTHER AND I WENT TO WASHINGTON GRADE SCHOOL. [yea! Washington]
MY DAD WILLARD AND MOTHER HELEN WERE IN [some civic organizations] WITH YOUR PARENTS AND WERE FRIENDS. THEY HAD THE TAGUE LUMBER COMPANY AT 6TH AND "F" STREETS. MY GRAND PARENTS (MILO AND EDNA TAGUE) WERE "1901-ERS". INEZ MANNING WAS A NEIGHBOR ON BELL STREET. I NO LONGER HAVE ANY RELATIVES IN LAWTON EXCEPT SOME 3RD OR 4TH COUSINS SO I GET BACK VERY LITTLE.
DID COME BACK FOR MY 40TH CLASS REUNION IN 2007 (CLASS OF '66) AND ENJOYED SEEING EVERYONE. I HAVE BEEN IN DALLAS FOR 25 YEARS BUT STILL AND AVID OU FAN. SAW JOHNNY MACKEY SEVERAL YEARS AGO AT A DELTA TAU DELTA REUNION IN OKLAHOMA CITY. DALLAS HOWARD WAS ALSO IN ATTENDANCE AS WAS JERRY PORTER AND SEVERAL LAWTON "DELTS". PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST AS I IKE TO HEAR ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON. THANKS MIKE JOHNSON


An email from Tommye (Boudreaux) and Ray Hobbs - class '52. They are in Arizona for the 'winter' and report its warm and sunny! And I know Kay & Stric are in valley, others also headed to warm climes. Like those of us in cold, drizzling rain, overcast Oklahoma care!!!!!
Just kidding...glad some are in sunshine today!!!

Classmates...that's it for now.......regards to all......Georgia

No comments: