Thursday, October 22, 2009

......LHS News......
Originally sent October 20

The Monday morning paper reports the passing of Grace JoAnn (Ford) Reynolds, 71, of Frederick. Grace passed on October 17 at her home in Frederick. She is the wife of '53 classmate Jim Reynolds. Grace was a graduate of Altus High School, class 1956. Grace is survived by husband Jim; three sons; two daughters.
The family will receive friends 5:00pm - 7:00pm, Tuesday October 20, at the Jackson Funeral Home Chapel in Frederick.
Services will at 3:00pm, Wednesday October 21, New Life Christian Fellowship in Gotebo, OK. Burial will be in the Gotebo Cemetery.
Extended obit and guest book at: <www.jacksonfuneral.net>
So very sorry to hear of this loss.

From the eMail bag:
I've been e-mailing with Ruth "Molly" Nichols, class of 1949, and she's been wanting to contact her old friend Joan Pace. I see Joan's picture in the 1948 Wolverine Lore as a Junior, but if she's in the 49 yearbook, I've missed her. Joan was a Ft. Sill kid, like Molly. Wonder if anyone on the Wolvernet has news of her.
Murdoch Matthew

Georgia, your Bill is not the only one disappointed. Even though I live over a thousand miles from Norman, I have faithfully followed the Sooners for over 50 years. When the game's not on TV here, I can now follow it on line. I also follow Oklahoma State. My dad used to take me to Lewis Field for the home games back in the early 50's when we lived there. That and Hank Iba coached OSU (Oklahoma A&M) Basketball.I have a question that maybe some one in your reading area may know the answer to.
Back in 1959, Larry Lindgren and I were carpooling to work and there was a man sitting in the window of Hardy Suggs Music store eating a 10 foot long sandwich. Why? We stopped and looked but that early in the morning the store was closed, so I never found out why. Which brings up another question. Does any one know what happened to Larry Lindgren, class of '58?
David Dom

'News' has been steady lately...but this is all for now......Regards......Georgia

No comments: