Tuesday, January 12, 2010

......LHS News......
Originally sent Dec. 31, 2009

Another year draws to a close and this will be the last 'LHS News' of 2009. It's been a very busy year and as usual went by way too fast! The LHS News list continues to grow and I appreciate all of you. I thank you for numerous comments, news items, words of encouragement, comments of enjoyment of the news, and just plain 'ol 'hellos'! Not too probable I suppose, but let us hope this new year will bring nothing but good news!

I have had several comments on Art Farrington aka Santa. He seems to be very well liked and popular by all who know him. Below is a link to the KSWO-TV story they ran on him. There is a short commercial then the 'story' on Santa. Great clip.http://www.kswo.com/global/category.asp?c=168869&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=84969&topVideoCatNoB=168916&topVideoCatNoC=168912&topVideoCatNoD=168914&topVideoCatNoE=107263&clipId=4412915&flvUri=&partnerclipid=&topVideoCatNo=0&autoStart=true&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv

Talked with a member of Jean (Shanklin) Orr's family. Jean remains same (in coma), but was moved Monday or Tuesday to a 'speciality' hospital in OKC for further tests and evaluation. Please keep Jean and her family in your prayers.

This message from Marilyn Morris, class '56......
"I'm writing a new book about Military Brats and would like to ask if any of our LHS Army Brats would like to contribute? My first book, 'Once a Brat', is being updated to include comments, stories, issues, etc. about being a Military Brat and how it has affected you in your adult life. I will need to send those willing to participate a Contributor's Release form for electronic signature and return to me via email attachment before March 1st, so we can schedule this book "Once a Brat, Always a Brat" (proposed title) for release in April/May.
Any questions, please contact me at marilyncmorris@sbcglobal.net or bratsproject@sbcglobal.net.
I'm having a blast reuniting with other Brats who are sending me volumes of stories, and can always use more. I'm also writing a second book about lupus (SLE) and if anyone on the list has lupus, please contact me. Many thanks! Marilyn"

To all my classmates both far and near.....Auld Lang Syne....literally translated..."old long since" or "long, long, ago". I send you a link to my favorite rendition of Roberts Burn's poem set to 'music' for the years end classic.....click at midnight and remember.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrhKkDyXFdg&feature=related

Wishing a great New Year for all.......Georgia

No comments: