Monday, May 3, 2010


......LHS News......

Originally sent April 30


I am so sad to report the passing of Adele (Skrdle) Beck, 70, of Lawton. Adele passed on Wednesday morn, April 28. Adele is '57 grad of LHS and is sister of Joe Skrdle, class '52. She is survived by her husband Fred; a daughter Brenda; a son Barry.Services will be 2:00pm, Saturday May 1, First Baptist church, with burial at Highland Cemetery.Extended obit and guest book: http://www.beckerfuneral.com/sitemaker/sites/becker0/obit.cgi?user=199615Beck
Adele was a very nice person, I visited with her just a few short months ago. Always energetic and vivacious!

This note from her long time and very close friend Barbara (Ramey) Wiseman....."My friend, Adele (Skrdle) Beck, passed away early this morning during open heart surgery. I was there yesterday before her surgery and did get to see and talk with her and visit with the family. We were very close, and I am really going to miss my friend of almost 60 years."

I know our thoughts and prayers are with this family and friends at this difficult time.
Pat (Banks) White, '52, received an email she asked me to pass along.... "Today I had news I wish to pass on to you about a dear friend and alumni.Geraldine (Geri) Smith, LHS grad of '50 I think,and OBU -- has had surgery and a spot has been found on one lung. Her spirits are low at this point. Please ask others to pray for loving care and the Dr's. She lives in Prescott, AZ formerly of Corpus Christi. Jean Mitzner"
On a lighter note.......I have to 'brag' a little about another niece who can also sing like a bird.....Emily Gill, 8, youngest daughter of my youngest brother Mike, can really nail a tune. She has been singing at all kinds of events for some time now. She is also very active in Lawton Little Theater and currently in rehearsal for 'Cinderella.' Previously she has appeared in 'School House Rock' and 'Pirates of Penzance'.
She just won 1st Place - Primary Music Theatrical Solo at the Oklahoma Federation of Music Clubs - State Honors Competition in Bethany this past Saturday, April 24. The crowd gave her a standing 'O'. Go little 'Em'. Hope I can get good seats when shes on Broadway!!!! (Pix of Emily and her dad - my bro - above).

Class 1959......make changes on your Memory Books and class roster......NEW email for Joan (Lee) Houghton. NEW is.....jerjo@att.net
Check out dates for upcoming reunions right HERE on the blog!
All for now...........Georgia

No comments: