Thursday, January 3, 2008

......LHS News......
originally sent Dec. 27


Joe Lansden wrote to say that 'Bobby' Ishmael was class '56.

This evening from Susan (Hankins) out in NM. "I read in maybe two days ago paper that a sister of Sam Eagleshield (class of 55 or 56), Carol Ann Soatikee, age 65, died on 12/20. She also had a brother, Richard Eagleshield, whose photo is in the 56 class in 1955. Kinda confusing, though I remember at least one of the brothers from high school. A very interesting note says that Carol Ann was a great-great granddaughter of Chiricahua Apache Chief Mangas Coloradas. That means that Sam and Dick were too. We had some historical classmates and I didn't even know it?wonder if anyone did. Her service is/was [past] Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Apache Reformed Church."

Susan also sent a couple of beautiful pictures of the snow out her way
And, I also had a sweet email from Susan's sister Duffy Gilbert.

Just received this tonight.....the class of 1958 will be meeting at the Tea Room, 213 C in downtown Lawton - TOMORROW - Friday Dec. 28 at 10:00am. Anyone interested in helping plan the 50 year reunion is invited to come.

IMPORTANT: Classmates.....just before Thanksgiving Ken Russell sent me his email list of '56 grads and asked me to incorporate them into my list so they would receive 'news' direct from me. I'm slow but think I have it all set. Please let me know IF you receive this news twice from me or have any other 'problem' with it. Hope won't be too many duplications and certainly NO deletes!!!
Ken, if you would, send this email one last time to your list to make sure I didn't miss anyone. If you get this from Ken and not me, let me know. Thanks.

Well, now you are all up to speed on the 'news'. Very cold here, moisture, feels like snow in the air. We'll see. Georgia

No comments: