Thursday, January 31, 2008

......LHS News......
Originally sent Jan. 26.

I am so sorry to report the passing of Marguerite (Spencer) Bassell, 93, of Lawton. Mrs. Bassell passed away this past Thursday, Jan. 24. Mrs. Bassell is the mother of our '59 classmate Sally Beth Wiseman and two other daughters, Susan Heiligman and Patricia Bassell and a son, James R. Bassell.
Services for Mrs. Bassell will be this next Tuesday, Jan. 29 at St. Pauls United Methodist church here in Lawton, 2:00pm. An on line guest book and sympathy cards are available at: <www.beckerfuneral.com>

I know our thoughts and prayers are certainly with this family in their loss.

I had this email from '59 classmate Jerry Morgan. Seems most encouraging:

Last time I tried I got sick because of the flicking on the PC screen. I am trying again. Thanks for your prayers and my being in your thoughts. It is different being on this side of the problem. Stroke- Bleed on the back of Brain. Bleed causes pressure, pressure causes swelling. Damage to vision and Balance. I was very, very fortunate to not have any more problems. I have therapy on M, W and Th. I have been in therapy since back in December. I have been released by my vision therapist. I was advancing faster than she could help. I just push myself each day. My goal is to be at our reunion next year. As I have the most current record for our class, I have started to make arrangements to have it be on a CD or DVD. Their will be several copies out so we have a better chance to share the knowledge among us. Mean time I moved from a wheel chair to a walker. On Thursday I was moved to a walking staff. I DIDN'T DO WELL WITH A CANE. PLUS IT LOOKS BETTER-- overalls, ball cap, redwing boots and a oak limb as a staff. My balance still gives me HECK. Love To All.

Certainly do wish Jerry all the best as he re-coops and really appreciate his efforts to keep tabs on all the '59 grads. Hes done a great job. Remember....if your contact info changes let Jerry or me know!!!! Our 50th is just around the corner! Jerrys' email: JLSWmorgan@aol.com

I also know there are others with health problems. Hope you will join me in keeping them in your prayers and hoping for improvement with their health.

Regards to all.........Georgia

No comments: