Friday, June 26, 2009


......LHS News......
Originally sent June 24

So very sorry to once again have losses among our more Senior graduates.......

Billy Eugene 'Bill' McCarter, 75, of Lawton passed on June 18. Graveside services were held on June 15 at Sunset Memorial Gardens.Bill was a '52 grad of LHS and attended Cameron. He is survived by two daughters and a brother.
On line guest book at: <www.grayfuneral.com>

Also passing, Jesse Marie (Zorger) Wilson, 91, of Lawton. Marie passed June 20. Marie graduated LHS but not sure of year. (30's?). She then attended Southwestern State and graduated cum laude with a Masters in Education and Music.I attended church for many years with Marie, she was a great musician and taught violin many years in her home as well as in several Lawton schools. She was one of a few violinists with the Lawton Concert Orchestra - later the Lawton Phiharmonic. She was a sister to Blunt Zorger, longtime Lawton businessman (deceased). She is survived by a son Clarence. Services will be Wednesday June 24, at Lawton Ritter Gray Funeral Home Chapel, 2:00pm.
On line guest book at: <www.grayfuneral.com>

'Car' stories continue to be focus of many great memories:
Mitch Braley, '57, shared this 'story' and pix (at top):
"I ran across this picture of my very first new car. My dad and I could not afford a new car for me when I was in high school and college, so after I was out on my own after college, and had a good job, I purchased this 1965 Ford Mustang. I was so excited about this brand-new car that I drove it to Lawton from Tulsa to show my parents the very first weekend after buying it. They had just purchased a new home at 7507 Wycliffe Lane in Lawton about a year or two before, so here is a picture of my parents very first new home, and my very first new car.
I remember Dick Bullock at Oklahoma State University. We studied some together and I thought he was the coolest cat on campus. He wore a full length coonskin coat. One more thing. Steve Colwell roomed with me at OSU for about a year and during a summer school session, we drove to Garnett, Kansas one weekend for the sports car races in my old 1952 Chevy hardtop."

Jimmy Reynolds emailed reminiscing about playing little league ball with Jimmy Ballard and my Bill (Pee Wee). Not too many remember that nickname. Think Ballard was catcher & Bill played third base. Jimmy also stated that he & wife JoAnn are doing well and living - "loafing" - in Frederick!

Had great visit via phone last evening with Charles & Jackie Darling out CA way.....always good to visit with dear friends. They are concerned, as are a lot of CA residents.....NOT earthquakes but a huge sea of RED ink engulfing the state!

Well, I continue to 'eat out' and see many classmates doing same:
Again, at Burgess, had opportunity to talk with Marilyn (Gordon) Smith, in Lawton visiting. She was with her sister Linda & brother-in-law Mike. And, fellow '59 classmate Ernest Godlove, a frequent Burgess burger muncher! Richard & Carol Neptune were also enjoying burgers with kids and grandkids! I'm tellin 'ya....Burgess is the place to be for great burger and lots of 'visiting'!

Regards to all........Georgia

No comments: